In the late 1950’s, Mr James R Hill opened a real estate office at 120 Johnson Street, Maffra. Although the business underwent a number of name changes and proprietorship, it has operated continuously at the same site, most recently as L J Hooker Maffra.
In the mid 1970’s, another well-known local identity Mr Norm Pentland commenced a separate business, trading as Norm Pentland Real Estate. Over the ensuring years, this business also underwent a number of changes until it was purchased in 2001 and continued operation as Maffra Town & Country Real Estate Pty. Ltd.
In July 2012, L J Hooker Maffra and Maffra Town & Country Real Estate merged to become Gippsland Real Estate Pty Ltd. The new business purchased the adjoining property to 120 Johnson Street, extensively renovated the site, and now operates from a higher visible, prominent and modern building offering our clients maximum exposure in the market place.